Friday, August 3, 2007

Old friend from New Jersey

Thank you for sharing this very sad and shocking news. My deepest sympathy to you and all your family. Ted and I were childhood friends, from Flynn Park and Hanley. I moved to CT in 1965 and he came to see me once from NJ, maybe in 1967. That's the last I ever saw him.

We became 'reacquainted' through Conrad Sansbury, who I found through classmates.com about 5 years ago. We were email friends since then, though. He'd send interesting jokes, etc. and we'd exchange weather stories, both living in the South, and in hurricane-prone areas.

I lived in Fl. many years and now have a house in the Outer Banks, though I live in Charlotte. I do think Ted would appreciate going quickly, he seemed to love being active, especially the biking. When we were kids, he came and took me for a ride on his tandem, much to my embarrassment at the awkward age of about 12 or 13. He had a great smile.


With sincere sympathy,


Janis Dorsey
Charlotte, NC

No comments: