Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Memories from old Numar friend

I worked with Ted, Ron and the Numar 1 gang!

It was a sad day when Ron informed me of Ted's passing away. So many memories of Ted, lock picking equipment, his plethora of guns and knives; sharpening his knives when "boyfriends" came to pick up Shawna. All the times I had to pay the "friendship" dues during the multitude of happy hours, Ted then saying "you know I have Alzheimer's and am going to forget all of this fun we are having, so …. (long drawn out Missouri drawl) we need to do this again."

His antics, smirk and words of wisdom are truly going to be missed.

This is one of my favorite sayings and really reminds me of Ted …

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. " (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Sincerely,

Obren Djordjevic (Obie)

No comments: